Good idea to hot wire the fuel pump?

Q: Does anyone think it's a good idea to hot wire the fuel pump to my car? I've checked all the fuses and relays and they all seem to be getting power and have the proper resistance according the the Haynes manual.

So does anyone think it's a good idea to just to run a hot wire to the fuel pump while the pump is still in the tank just to see if the pump does work instead of dropping the tank and removing the pump? I see it if I did it that way and tried to start the car I can at least tell if the pump is actually good or bad.

BTW this is an 85 Toyota MR-2
Let me add to the fact that the fuel pump is not getting power to the plug that inside the car. There also isn't a fuel pressure tester on the car. There was never one installed.
(2010-11-13 04:05:27)

A: I have a good relationship with the owner of a Toyota dealership. I'll see what I can find out for you. The way they had to pigeon hole the engine and components could be dangerous for you to experiment with any fuel pump issues and a rogue spark igniting fuel vapor. My MR2 was black. I still have dreams about that car. I found the car on a used car lot in a city 30 miles away. It was my car. I checked the VIN The car had been trashed. It was driveable, but that was all
It broke my heart. Why would anyone treat their automobile like this blows my mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment